Date: Thursday, 17 March 2016
Time: 11:00 – 12:30h.
Location: Perscentrum Nieuwspoort, The Hague
Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and hiv/aids are a priority in the Dutch development policy. At the same time, involvement of the private sector is not self-evident. With the international agreement on the new Global Goals, or Sustainable Development Goals, business is increasingly involved in sustainable development, when it concerns environment or fair trade. At the same time, SRHR and hiv/aids also provide business opportunities.
On the 17th of March representatives from business, MPs and experts will zoom in on the opportunities and challenges for business to, next to product development, also guarantee the rights dimension of SRHR. What role and responsibility can business take and which forms of collaboration are possible between NGOs and business to jointly achieve more on SRHR?
Program of the meeting:
– Opening by Roelof van Laar, member of parliament and chair MPI.
– Individual pitch by representatives from business with i.a.:
* Jan-Willem Scheijgrond, Head of International Partnerships, Philips.
* Denise van Dijk, Director of Global Market Development, The Female Health Company.
* Herbert Schilthuis, Director Global Health Affairs, Heineken.
– Panel discussions with abovementioned speakers and members of the MPI.
The meeting will be moderated by Ama van Dantzig. Social entrepreneur and co-founder of Dr. Monk, international innovation bureau.
You are kindly invited to attend this meeting. To register, please send an e-mail to Klazien Eilander, email@example.com, by including in the subject line “MPI SRGR en het bedrijfsleven”.
We also invite you to spread this invitation in your network.